About Hatichong College
Hatichong College, the only educational institute, imparting higher education, comprising the three Mouzas– Hatichong, Silpukhuri and Mikirbheta was founded on 1st August 1988 nearby kujidah H.S School, Nagoan. As the ultimate consequence of a general meeting held on the 19th April 1987 at Kujidah, the institute was set up temporarily at Kujidah H.S. School (inside) campus, containing 45 students. The founder principalship was enriched by late HobiburRahman and the function of the institute was shifted to the Present Bhavan in 1993. The pioneers, emerging from the mentioned mouzas are to be revealed a note of gratitude in this behalf. It would be worth-while to draw the attention on a pivotal specialty that the college is Pragged with an effort to fulfill the burning desire of higher education in such a rural region. The healthy flourishing of the college in such a rural base will surely come to the help of needy students to achieve their higher goals of learning. Starting with enrolment of only 45 students and 10 teachers in 1988, the college has now been blossomed with an enrolment of 578 students in degree(Arts ) including M.A (IDOL) in 4 Subjects. Over the year, the college has produced many illustrious personalities in various walks of life. The College is affiliated to Guwahati University and registered under 2(F) and 12(B) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
Keeping in tune with the below vision and mission, the college has been striving to spread quality education to the poor and backward students in all aspects. Besides, pertaining to produce graduate in arts, the college also aims at identifying and developing the inner talents and qualities of the students of rural neighbourhood by providing various trainings, Seminars and workshops.