Hatichong College, the only educational institute, imparting higher education, comprising the three mouzas-Hatichong, Silpukhuri and Mikirbheta was founded on the 1st August 1988 nearby kujidah H.S School, Nagoan. As the ultimate consequence of a general meeting, held on the 19th April 1987 at Kujidah, the institute was set up temporarily at Kujidah H.S. School (inside) campus, containing 45 students. The founder principal ship was enriched by late Habibur Rahman and the function of the institute was shifted to the Present Bhavan in 1993. The pioneers, emerging from the mentioned mouzas are to be revealed a note of gratitude in this behalf. It would be worth-while to draw the attention on a pivotal specialty that the college is pragged with an effort to fulfil the burning desire of higher education in such a rural region.
1. To illuminate the college with the light of education along with an all-round development of personality of the students.
2. To prepare the students for Career opportunities in any Competitive examination.
3. To enhance the knowledge of the student community beyond their thought and imagination.
4. To build excellent Community relationship by striving to made the college a center of art, culture and intellectual activities of the local people.
5. To impart higher education in the discipline of Arts.
6. To develop the inner potentialities in them to pave the way for a realistic life. To get introduced with career oriented Programme.
7. To develop the spirit of patriotism, dedication and service.